Your smile is one of the first things that other people notice. When you have straight, beautiful teeth, you are more likely to flash your smile with pride and make a great impression in social and professional interactions. However, straight teeth provide you with much more than cosmetic benefits; they will also help ensure you maintain a healthy, functional bite.
Dr. Chin and Dr. Pharar offer several orthodontic options to help you achieve a straight, beautiful smile. One of the most popular treatments for our Las Vegas-area patients is Invisalign®.
Invisalign is an alternative to traditional braces that uses a series of clear, removable plastic aligners to straighten your teeth. If you’ve been putting off orthodontic treatment due to the discomfort and hassles associated with metal braces, then Invisalign may be an excellent solution for you.
The best way to find out whether Invisalign is right for you is to speak with our dentists in person. Please call 702-213-9587 today to schedule a consultation. We serve patients in Las Vegas, Henderson and the surrounding areas of Nevada.
Invisalign vs. Traditional Braces
While Invisalign and traditional braces both provide excellent results, there are several important differences in the treatments. You will experience a variety of benefits by using Invisalign’s removable aligners instead of the metal brackets and wires required when you wear braces. These include:
- Discreet – The clear, plastic aligners used for the Invisalign process are virtually undetectable to others. This is an attractive feature for many adults and teens who prefer to avoid the unsightliness associated with having a “mouth full of metal.”
- Removable – You can remove your Invisalign aligners when you eat and brush your teeth. As a result, your treatment won’t limit the types of foods you can eat the way braces often do. You will also be able to brush and floss normally without the need for the additional tools required to clean between braces. This makes it much easier for you to maintain optimal levels of oral hygiene throughout the treatment process.
- Improved comfort – The Invisalign aligners are made out of a smooth plastic that gets custom-molded to the contours of your mouth to provide maximum comfort. There will be no sharp metal points to irritate your mouth and gums, which is a common issue for individuals wearing braces. In addition, Invisalign eliminates the painful office visits needed to tighten the brackets and wires used with braces.
- Fewer office visits – Since there are no brackets and wires to tighten, you won’t have to visit our office as often. You’ll only need to visit Dr. Chin and Dr. Pharar once every 4-6 weeks to check on your progress and receive your next few sets of aligners.
- Customized treatment – Detailed 3D digital imaging is used to take impressions of your teeth. The Invisalign lab will use these impressions to construct a customized set of aligners that are tailored to your unique orthodontic issues.
Am I a Candidate for Invisalign?
Invisalign can correct just about all of the same issues that are treated with braces, including:
- Open bite
- Unevenly spaced teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Rotation issues
However, it’s important to understand that Invisalign is most effective in cases involving mild to moderate orthodontic problems. Dr. Chin and Dr. Pharar typically don’t recommend Invisalign for more serious orthodontic cases. In these situations, braces may achieve a better outcome.
In addition, good Invisalign candidates are adults and teenagers who:
- Have healthy teeth and gums
- Have fully developed mouths (this occurs early in your teenage years)
- Do not smoke or are willing to quit during treatment
You may still be able to undergo Invisalign treatment if you experience tooth decay or gum disease. However, Dr. Chin and Dr. Pharar will need to treat these issues and restore optimal levels of oral health before moving forward with your orthodontic procedure.
Your Invisalign Procedure
During your first office visit, Dr. Chin and Dr. Pharar will use 3D digital imaging technology to create an impression of your bite. This impression will be used by the Invisalign lab when creating your customized aligners.
You’ll wear each aligner for about two weeks, allowing it to gradually shift your teeth closer to their ideal position. You’ll then move onto the next aligner in the series, continuing the process until your treatment is complete.
In order for Invisalign to deliver the most effective results possible, you will need to wear your aligners for 20-22 hours a day. The only time you should remove them is for eating and brushing your teeth. The aligners should remain in your mouth at all other times.
Dr. Pharar is an Invisalign Preferred Provider
Dr. Jessica Pharar is an Invisalign Preferred Provider. In order to earn this distinction, she met the following requirements set forth by Invisalign:
- Completed the advanced Invisalign training program
- Performs the number of Invisalign cases each year necessary to maintain Preferred Provider status
As an Invisalign Preferred Provider, Dr. Pharar possesses the extensive training and experience necessary to achieve the exceptional results you deserve.
Contact our Las Vegas Dentists
Please contact Dr. Chin and Dr. Pharar using the form on this page or call 702-213-9587 today to schedule an Invisalign consultation. We serve patients in Las Vegas, Summerlin, Henderson and the surrounding areas of Nevada.